Sunday, July 31, 2011

Bon jovi -influenced my life - Rosie's Story

Please forgive formatting -- THis is taken for a word document and not coping very well to the blog.

Th is was copied from her post on Backstage - as we are best friends, and the bond is unbreakable- here is her
story- written by her.
Hi there ... I remember a post, well over a year now about how bon Jovi and co had or has touched peoples lives.
I read each and every last one of them , and printed them to keep , for they were of great strength and comfort
to me . this last year has nor been easy for me , and I drew on many of those stories for hope and strength . bon
jovis music has been there for me from the very beginning for me . I always had the power of music to get me
through . I had a normal childhood till I was 5 , then lost my parents which aff ected me deeply . I went to live
with a aunt and lets say it wasnt good , I suff ered cycles of abuse and neglect , none of which I really want to
divulge , but I struggled just the same . aft er 7 years I managed to get away from the abuse and live with a aunt
who loved and took care of me through all the pain I suff ered . she was my rock , as well as bon Jovi being my
rock . hearing songs like , keep the faith , prayer and many more gave me a reason to have little hope , even if I
had no hope at all .
I ran away at 13 , cause things always seemed uneven to me . I began having fl u like symptoms at times , as well
as tiredness and depression , I didn’t know it then but I had what was called epstein barr , which attacks your
immune system , and makes you sick sometimes . when I left , I choose to stay with a dear friend , he guided me
through the process of trying to heal myself , I for one was not fully ready to accept the challenge , and the only
hope I had was bon Jovi. Richie especially played a factor. I’d sit night aft er night listening to one light burning
and think there might be hope if I tried to fi nd the hope and a inner peace , which my soul so very bad needed
at the time . stress began to take its toll , I began “”cutting”” which to me is /was a form a stress relieving . its not
meant to end my life , and its hard for people to understand but that’s what it is .
I fi nally managed at 18 to make it into college , I wanted to change my life so desperate and start anew ... so I
worked hard , and every step of the way bon Jovi or richie was there for me . id hold on to those songs , and it
gave me great courage to not be afraid , cause I so terribly was to achieve . I got into nyu ..and decided to pursue
my art talent .. for friends would tell me my art was terrifi c and I should try to make a living out of that. things
were fi nally goin ok , I was in college I was doing well . even managing to not cut as oft en . I was thrilled to
learn in the summer of 98 I was going to have a baby . even though I was not married I looked at this baby as a
blessing not a curse . I began giving my time to charity . cause aft er seeing Jon and richie do so much for so many
people and them touch so many lives . I wanted to do my part .. I wanted to make a diff erence.
I volunteered for LifeBeat , a charity for aids , and did much work for cancer , partly because of my daughter . I
tell you I helped so many people and the joy it gave me was tremendous , but I could never really help myself . id
go home , care for my child , work with sick or dying people, and try to show them that no one is really alone ,
we all are loved and wanted , maybe that’s why I do it . I feel every person deserves someone to love them . id be
drained .. id put on bon Jovi ... and id cry and let myself go , I felt that hey they were comforting me ..giving me
the courage and strength to go on , and not be afraid to forge ahead .
At this time I began to spread my time . I met a lot of wonderful people in the backstage fan club , whom to
this day I’m close to , but the one who is dearest to me is Anne Delina . her and I are the best of friends and we
met here . Anne was there for me ,... when things got bad .. and as my child got to the end she was there for me
... Anne knitted a afghan for my daughter and I placed that with her when she died on Dec. 31st of 2001. my
daughter as little as she was loved bon Jovi, especially Richie and we oft en listened to bon Jovi while we went for
treatments, it gave her great joy. Th e Answer was played at my daughter’s funeral, cause it was her favorite song
. it really holds much meaning to me now more than ever . in sept. , as well I lost my dear freind in the towers ,
Page 43
and again Anne was my rock and support , always giving me a word , and making me believe that it would get
better , as well as many of my backstage friends as well . her faith , never wavered in me , even through the dark
times I had ahead . I had her and the power of bon Jovi for they gave me great courage and power to move ahead
. they gave me the power to see that music really can heal your soul. I oft en say richie heals my soul as well as
spirit , that I’m so sure of .
I had found of in June of that year , I was preg again ..and it gave me great joy ... I have 2 little girls now and they
both doin wonderful . I forge red ahead and I now made my art my career , I gave my 1st art show ! I was thrilled
so many people loved my work . it gave me great pride as well as I hoped made my mom and dad up there proud
as well , as well as my daughter and best friend . I know they looking down on me , and there light falls upon
me .. so I’m never really alone . and to Anne ... my best and dearest friend ... you are my rock and my source of
inspiration .. u helped me to see I was worth it ... that I can make a diff erence ... I thank you .
I just came back seeing the boys in Japan !! and they were wonderful it was great to see richie and rock out to
him as well as the whole band . I felt I was privileged and honored to attend ...for I owed them so much in my life
. I know that people say the power of a band or its music or message cant change a persons life , but believe me it
has changed mine . I want to thank those men who changed my life and gave me a purpose Jon Dave Hugh Tico
and yes esp richie .. You given and shown me I can make a diff erence I can give my time, I can show the world
that we all can be imp and give what we can to strive and succeed. You have given me just that.
I have gotten better now and imp trying on working on not cutting, as much each day is one day at a time .. But
u know what?? I got bon jovi’s music and they help each step not seem like such a big step .. I know with much
work ill make it through this. My Epstein Barr comes and goes and my medication seems to help it .. ill never
truly be rid of it but I fi ght it each day cause Jon says “”don’t bend, don’t break , baby don’t back down”” well I’m
doin just that!!
id love to hear from any of u all of you , who’ve been touched by the power of bon jovi’s music .. I know there
are so many ,, and I feel since as backstage members “”we all a Jovi family “” we can all talk and share those
experiences. ill be seeing those 5 guys in Feb again in NJ .. and ill be clapping and singing my heart out to each of
those songs ... take care keep the faith and much love samborasrain

No comments:

Post a Comment